Thursday, 10 May 2012

Tea Time

Thought I would post a pic of a wall plaque I've just made. It was something I was asked to do- although I didn't quite stick to the brief but I'm really pleased with the end result.

The picture is really simple, and was fairly easy to put together once I'd created the templates for the teapot and teacup. The fabrics have worked very well together- I love the mix of prints set off by the neutral linen background. I've mention before I tend use 'Bondaweb' for most of the appliques I make and have done in this picture. There is a row of machine stitching around the edge of the pot and cup- this helps define the shape.
The plaque is stiffened with some very heavy interfacing and backed with a piece of linen. The fabric could as easily been stretch over a canvas frame.

So I think it may by time for a cuppa!