Saturday 14 January 2012

Sunsets, Sales, oh & Selvedge



So, another weather update from the Gwynedd coast and this week the weather has calmed down a bit and is feeling more seasonal. The temperature has dropped down to where it should be in January. The last few days have been crisp and clear, and with the clear skies have come some beautiful sunsets. At this time of year it is a treat to see the sun at any time of day but the sunsets can be just stunning, and a bonus when walking on the beach at dusk.


Contrary to impressions I don't spend all my life walking up & down the beach, and at the moment I busy taking stock, both literally and metaphorically, sorting out old stock and planning for the year to come. With it being January it's time for a bit of a sale and I've reduced the price of some  items online, in both my Folksy & Etsy shops.


 I'm also planning my first craft fair of the year, at the beginning of February, and this is an opportunity to sell off older stock at a reduced price. It's something I did last year and it seemed to work well, people are looking for bargains at this time of year. I'm looking forward to the Crafty Market on  Saturday 4/2/12 at Neston Town Hall on The Wirral, so fingers crossed.

I made an exciting discovery a few months ago and a real treat for any textile geek like me. I'm not sure how it's taken me so long to become aware of it but I found a link to Selvedge while searching online for something else. What a discovery, it's is the most beautiful magazine and it's available by subscription online or through the post- the website itself is worth visiting (www.selvedge.org ). I treated myself to a subscription just before Christmas and my first copy arrived this week, along with a couple of back copies I ordered. It is great with beautiful artwork & photographsand fascinating articles covering textiles in the broadest sense including design, fashion, production, social history andculturally. I would really recommend a look, it's beautiful and informative.
I'm off for a coffee and a read....