Wednesday 15 June 2011

Summer

Looking at the rain through window this morning it is hard to believe that we're in summer, although I shouldn't complain the weather in this little corner of Wales hasn't been too bad over the last few weeks. We seem to have our own little micro climate with the forecasted bad weather often passing us by, probably related our location tucked in between the sea and the mountains.

Just now the rain is good for me, in that it makes it easier to sit at my desk and get on with some work. It is always harder to stay indoors when the sun is out. I've had my head down over the last few weeks getting ready for the events & fairs I've planned over the summer. I like to make sure I have plenty of stock & all the other bits & pieces in place to try ensure successful events. I've the Cheshire Show & Arley Garden Festival coming up next week. I did both events last year, and though quite different I really enjoyed both. I'm just hoping the sun shines on us, it can be a bit miserable standing in a damp marquee. There is a list the of events I'm taking the stall to on my Facebook page ( just look for The Crafty Little Cottage) & if you happen to be at one of them please come and see me.

                                                Rose Print Oilcloth Shopper
                                              

This year I've lots of new bags which I'm quite excited about, and so far they have proved quite popular at events I've already been to. This year, I've found some new fabric suppliers and have had a lovely time finding fabric. I use a lot of remnants to make my bags so many of them are 'one off's' or if not there'll only be a couple of them made. My favourite so far is my rose print shopper made in a combination of rose print oilcloth & cotton (above). It reminds me of summer, it has a very english garden party or village fair feel. It is a one off & I have to say I've been so tempted to keep it for myself but have so far resisted.
                                           Teatime Oilcloth Shopper
                                           www.etsy.com/listing/74399136


So, back to some work although looking out the window it appears that the sun is trying to come out maybe I will get to the beach today.