Thursday 15 March 2012

Wee Highland Hoose

I fell in love with this wee hoose last week when I came across the knitting pattern for it on Esty. I live in a beautiful part of the world but I dream of a little croft in the Scottish highlands and this is about as close as I'll get.



The knitting pattern is by Julia Marsh and can be found  on Etsy  http://www.etsy.com/listing/85791482/knitting-pattern-scottish-red-roof-croft . It didn't take me long to knit - the pattern is very clear and easy to follow. I used ordinary toy stuffing to fill the house, but I think next time I'll probably use foam as advised in the pattern, or make a fabric lining and fill that with stuffing before putting it in the knitted shell. This would improve the shape of my cottage never the less I just love it- the little croft house is so sweet.
 I'm off to complete my highland village with lots of little highland hames- may be knitting for some time.